Tuesday, February 24, 2009

IMPOSSIBLE GIRL - 15

-

-

-
Conversing at a Gig
Conversation # F (Friend) IG (IGirl)

F: It’s not like the old days is it?
IG: What…thirty people in a dingy bar.
F: Thirty really rockin people.
IG: This crowd is rocking.
F: Yeah.
……………………………………………
F: Is that Mark?
IG: What?
F: Mark?
IG: WHAT?
F: IS THAT MARK OVER THERE?
IG: Fuck.
F: Let’s move.
IG: WHAT?
F: MOVE – BAR – QUIETER.
IG: Okay.
……………………………………………
F: What’s he doing here?
IG: No idea.
F: I wouldn’t have taken him for a fan.
IG: No.
F: Is it true. Are you fucking him when you’re overseas?
IG: Yeah. And now I’ve invited him here because that’s the sort of vindictive bitch I am.
F: You know I didn’t mean it like that. I never asked before. Don’t shut me out.
IG: Sorry.
F: Well are you?
IG: No I’m not. But he’s been… a comfort.
F: Like taking comfort from a pit of fucking rattlesnakes.
IG: He’s changed.
F: Not enough to stay away from here.
IG: Let’s get a drink, people are staring.
F: You get a drink. I don’t want to miss the last song.
IG: Don’t be like that.
F: Like what?
IG: Cut. The stuff between Rowan and me, it’s not about Mark. It’s not my fault.
F: It makes it really fucked for everyone.
IG: I’m sorry if I burst your bubble. It’s fucked for me too.
F: I know… it’s just…
IG: What.
F: I just want you to be happy. And Rowan.
IG: I want it too. Can we get a drink?
-
-
-

No comments: