Thursday, January 29, 2009

EVINRUD - 6

-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
Three shots of caffeine to shake the last of the zombie sensation and I’m ready to work. My new boots are designed for optimum flexibility and function… plus looks. Hugging the calf just right, slinking up over the pant leg, they look as good as they feel.

According to Evinrud we’ve got twenty minutes to rendezvous point.

Our connection is strong. The last two weeks has been worth it, there’s zero static in the pulse. Evinrud senses every tilt and lean of my body and moves with me. He adjusts speed according to my will. The dash and engine controls are nothing more then props, a public façade in case we’re noticed.

We ride the service elevator to the roof. The smog is thick and rancid. I can barely see my hand in front of me. and retch a bit as I pull the 02 tube up to my nose.

Evinrud’s sonar picks out someone else on the roof. It’s Bin. He knows we’re there but says nothing.

Impatient, I ignore the old man and we take off. Rising fifty metres and heading east.

I can’t see a thing through my goggles but the connection with Evinrud is as good as having my own radar. Opposite of slowing us down the smog acts as a cover. We weave anonymously through the city’s airspace, dodging buildings even this high up. Pushing acceleration from already impossible speeds. This is what I get off on, the speed and adrenaline. And in fucking great boots too. Shame about the smell but you get used to it.
-
-

No comments: