Thursday, December 18, 2008

EVINRUD - 2

-
-
-
-
-
It’s my friend. My tool and my friend. A symbiote maybe. It has known and forgotten more than I can imagine. It’s more efficient than me and possibly even more trapped. We exist together, Evinrud and me in the moment, in the pulse.

It’s 5.52am on Sunday the 8th of December and the pulse senses there’s a job pending. It pulls me out of myself, out of the deep meditative state I have been in for how long now? Oh, there’s the dank smell of the sub-basement. I check the DTM through crossed eyes and almost throw up. It’s… it’s been two weeks. Two weeks of virtually incognizant training, strategic gaming and drip fed sustenance. Not asleep, not awake but I remember dreams of trees, masses of them.

I’ve seen the planet, a hundred times, but its always going by so fast. I see places that only a runner ever will. But I’ve never seen that landsacpe, not close up, amongst it... those silos. It’s a precog local I know that. I’ve been doing this for that long. The planets remaining green zones are closed, secure, you need clearance, military clearance. That will make it tricky.

Ahh, there’s the adrenaline. My first thought is coffee and my second is boots. The shoes, boots they’re going to be good, I can smell them box fresh. The latest. Oh and the coffee.
-
-
-
-
-
-

No comments: